Morpeth SesquicentenaryPrint Page
A monument erected by the Morpeth and District Progress Association commemorates the 150th anniversary (1821 -1971) of the founding of Morpeth by Edward Charles Close, the first settler.
Edward Charles Close settled on his 2560-acre (1036 ha) grant, Illulaung, the place of green hills, which adjoined the government reserve for the township of Morpeth, at the head of navigation of the Hunter River.
|Address:||Swan & Northumberland Streets, Court House, Morpeth, 2321|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.724966|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1821|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1971|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1971|