Gladesville Sesqui-centenaryPrint Page
Plaque & Time Capsule commemorate the 150th anniversary of Gladesville.
European settlement began officially with land grants being made to John Doody, a convict artist, in 1795. Among others to receive grants in the district, which was then called Eastern Farms because it was east of Parramatta, were William House (1795), Ann Benson (1796) and Charles Raven (1799). At this time, the area was often called Doody's, but it was part of the Kissing Point district. In 1836 John Glade, an emancipist, was issued with the deeds to Doody's grant, which he had purchased in 1817.
|Address:||Victoria Road, Trim Place, Gladesville, 2111|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.832222|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1986|
Ryde Municipal Council Time Capsule Presented To The Citizens Of Gladesville On The Occasion Of Their Gladesville Sesqui-Centenary On 5th April 1986. To Be Opened By Their Descendants On 5th April 2036
K.R. Brown Town Clerk Alderman M Lardelli Mayor