www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of Local Government in CowraPrint Page Print this page

24-May-2016
24-May-2016

Photographs supplied by Russell Byers

A plaque commemorates the centenary of local government in Cowra from 1888 to 1988.

Location

Address:Kendall Street, Cowra Court House, Cowra, 2794
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.834341
Long: 148.691525
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:Local
Actual Event STart Date:23-July-1888
Actual Event End Date:23-July-1988

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 23rd July, 1988
Front Inscription

The centenary of local government in Cowra

This plaque was unveiled by the Hon. D. A. Hay, M.B.E. Minister for Local Government and Minister for Planning on 23rd July, 1988, on the occassion of a special council meeting held to commemorate the centenary of local government in Cowra.

The first meeting for the Borough of Cowra was held at the Cowra Courthouse on 23rd July, 1888, with Alderman G. Campbell officiating as the first Mayor and Mr. F. S. Flint as the first Council Clerk.

C. P. Treaasure,  Shire President

N. Armstrong,  Shire Clerk

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design