150 Years of Local Government Print Page
A plaque commemorates 150 years of local government to the citizens of Eaglehawk and recognises the creation of the municipality in 1862.
The Borough of Eaglehawk was a local government area which covered the northwestern suburbs of the regional city of Bendigo, Victoria, Australia. The borough covered an area of 14.54 square kilometres (5.6 sq mi), and existed from 1862 until 1994.
Eaglehawk was first incorporated as a borough on 29 July 1862. It had nine councillors, who represented the entire borough.
On 7 April 1994, the Borough of Eaglehawk was abolished, and, along with the City of Bendigo, the Rural City of Marong, and the Shires of Huntly and Strathfieldsaye, was merged into the newly created City of Greater Bendigo.
|Address:||Peg Leg & Sailors Gully Roads, Eaglehawk Town Hall, Eaglehawk, 3556|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.717276|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||29-July-1862|
|Actual Event End Date:||29-July-2012|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 29th July, 2012|
29 July 2012
Commemorating 150 years of Local Government
services to the citizens of Eaglehawk
and recognising the creation of the
Municipality of Eaglehawk
29 July 1862
Mrs Bev Hanson
Eaglehawk Heritage Society
Cr Alec Sandner
City of Greater Bendigo