www.monumentaustralia.org.au

125 Years Anniversary of Local GovernmentPrint Page Print this page

125 years Local Government : Feb-2014
125 years Local Government : Feb-2014

Photographs supplied by David Evans OAM

Plaque at Armidale Courthouse commemorates 125 years of local government in Armidale from 1864-1989. The plaque contains details of the original Court House.

Location

Address:5 Moore Street , Armidale Courthouse, Armidale, 2350
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -30.512821
Long: 151.666774
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:Local
Approx. Event Start Date:1864
Approx. Event End Date:1989

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1989
Front Inscription

125 YEARS ANNIVERSARY OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT
            COURT HOUSE
BUILT 1859-1860 BY MESSRS MOORE AND
GROVER OF SYDNEY - COST OF £3572
ALEXANDER DAWSON - COLONIAL ARCHITECT
AND 1897 - 1900 - WALTER VERNON
GOVERNMENT ARCHITECT

1864 ARMIDALE CITY COUNCIL 1989

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design