100th Anniversary Opening of the Creswick Town Hall Print Page
Commemorates the centenary of the opening of the Creswick Town Hall.
The Creswick Town Hall and Municipal Offices were constructed as one building in 1876, thirteen years after the creation of the Borough of Creswick. The design of the building was the subject of an architectural competition, the winner of which was the architect W. R. H. Creber and the builder was J. Boulton.
|Address:||70-72 Albert Street, Creswick Town Hall , Creswick, 3363|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.424016|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1877|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1977|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 16th April, 1977|
ERECTED TO COMMEMORATE THE 100TH. ANNIVERSARY OF THE OPENING OF THIS TOWN HALL
THE FOUNDATION STONE OF WHICH WAS LAID ON 26TH FEBRUARY, 1976
UNVEILED BY MR. TOM EVANS, M.L.A 16.4.1977