Jubilee ParkPrint Page Print this page

Jubilee Park Plaque
Jubilee Park Plaque

Photographs supplied by Diane Watson

A plaque commemorates 50 years of the establishment of the park. Jubilee Park was established in 1951 in recognition of the Jubilee of the founding of the Commonwealth of Australia.

The Federation of Australia was the process by which the six separate British self-governing colonies of Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, and Western Australia formed one nation. They kept the systems of government (and the bicameral legislatures) that they had developed as separate colonies, but they also agreed to have a federal government that was responsible for matters concerning the whole nation. When the Constitution of Australia came into force, on 1 January 1901, the colonies collectively became states of the Commonwealth of Australia.


Address:Telemon Street (Mt Lindesay Highway), Jubilee Park, Beaudesert, 4285
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.989444
Long: 152.994444
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Friday 26th January, 2001
Front Inscription
Beaudesert Shire Council
This plaque was erected on 26 January 2001 to commemorate 50 years since the establishment of the park.
Original construction of Jubilee Park commenced in 1951 in recognition of the Jubilee of the founding of the Commonwealth of Australia in 1901. Members of the Beaudesert Civic Progress Committee who were responsible for the founding of Jubilee Park were T J English, R.E Stephens, A Harrison, L Keating, HD Franklin, M Stephens, T Preston, W Blunck, C Blunck, S Driberg, H Lewis, P R Westerman and B Jackson
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design