Separation MemorialPrint Page
Commemorates the separation from the colony of New South Wales.
Various stones including Castlemaine slate, sandstone, granite and marble were used in this in layered brick-like structure. It was produced in 1950 to commemorate the centenary of the proclamation of the government of Victoria and the Port Phillip Colony`s separation from New South Wales
|Address:||LaTrobe & King Streets , Flagstaff Gardens, Melbourne, 3000|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.810711|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||11-November-1850|
|Actual Event End Date:||11-November-1850|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 11th November, 1950|
This tablet was erected to commemorate the one hundredth anniversary of the proclamation of Victorian Government on this site on 11th November 1850 and was unveiled on 11th November 1950 by His Excellency the Governor of Victoria General Sir Dallas Brooks KCB, KMG, DSO, RM. James S. Disney JP (Lord Mayor), H.S. Wootton CMG (Town Clerk)".