All Saints Anglican GatesPrint Page
The gates were installed at All Saints in 1959 with a memorial notice to the 16 governors who worshipped there. The iron gates were made at Sutton Forest and were erected at "Hill View", the country residence of New South Wales governors from 1879 to 1957. They consist of double carriage gates and two side gates with VR 1890 inscribed on the posts.
|Address:||Illawarra Highway, All Saints Anglican Church, Sutton Forest, 2577|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.566439|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 25th January, 1959|
IN LOYAL AND AFFECTIONATE MEMORY OF
THE GOVERNOR`S RESIDENT AT "HILL VIEW,"
SUTTON FOREST, NAMED HEREUNDER, WHO JOINED
SO FREELY IN CHURCH AND COMMUNITY LIFE.
Lord Augustus Lofthouse 1879 ·85 Sir Gerald Strickland 1913·17
Lord Carrington 1885·90 Sir Walter Davidson 1918·23
Lord Jersey 1891·93 Sir Dudley De Chair 1924·30
Sir Robert Duff 1893·95 Sir Phillip Game 1930·35
Lord Hampden 1895·99 Sir Alexander Hore-Ruthven 1935·36
Lord Beauchamp 1899·1901 Sir Murray Anderson 1936
Sir Harry Rawson 1902·09 Lord Wakehurst 1937·45
Lord Chelmsford 1909·13 Sir John Northcott 1946·57
THESE GATES FORMERLY AT "HILL VIEW" ENTRANCE,
WERE OPENED BY SIR JOHN NORTHCOTT
ON 25th JANUARY 1959, ON THEIR NEW SITE.