Monument with column and urn commemorates the loss of seven lives in the sinking of the yacht `Queenie`
|Address:||Champion Road, Cemetery, Williamstown, 3016|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.853205|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||02-April-1899|
|Actual Event End Date:||02-April-1899|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||1899|
Erected by the people of WIlliamstown and friends. In memory of those who perished by the foundering of the yacht "queenie" in Port Phillip Bay on Easter Sunday April 2nd 1899.
Eternal father strong to save
Whose arm can still the restless wave.
O hear us when we cry for thee
For those in peril on the sea.