Condamine River MemorialPrint Page
A monument commemorates those who lost their lives in the Condamine River.
The monument consists of a stone cairn and the boat that was donated by the local Member of Parliament, H.M. Nelson, in 1892. This, the old flood boat or "Condamine Queen", was used until 1923 when the Murilla Shire Council replaced the boat with a small ferry boat.
Since the early days of settlement, the Condamine River has claimed more lives than any other Australian River.
|Address:||Leichhardt Highway & Foster Street, Pioneer Park, Condamine, 4416|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -26.927061|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
In memory of those who lost their lives in the Condamine River
Also those who rowed the Condamine boat for communication purposes and supplies on the flooded river.