Centenary of Rugby LeaguePrint Page
Plaque commemorates the centenary of Rugby League and the hisorical significance of the site.
Rugby League was first played in Central Burnett in 1911 and by 1915 an organised competition was established around Gayndah. The Gayndah North Football Club (later known as the Gayndah RLFC) was the first club formed in 1915. These grounds have been a major venue for the game in the local region.
|Address:||Spencer Street, Gayndah Sports & Recreation Grounds, Gayndah, 4625|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -25.625175|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 26th April, 2008|