Centenary of Rugby LeaguePrint Page
A plaque commemorates the centenary of Rugby League and the historical significance of the site.
South Brisbane was a founding member of the Queensland Rugby Association (1908), which was renamed the Queensland Rugby League in 1909. The club played at this venue as the Carlton Lions (1919–32) and Southern Suburbs RLFC (1933–2002), before becoming the Souths Logan Magpies in 2003.
The Centenary Plaques Programme was put in place by the Centenary of Rugby League Committee to commemorate sites of historical significance to Rugby League - such as stadiums, suburban grounds and club formation sites. Nearly every aspect of Australia’s Rugby League landscape is covered by a Centenary Plaque – with plaques dedicated to the commemoration of Indigenous Rugby League, National Rugby League (NRL) first-grade clubs, foundation clubs, former Premiership clubs, New South Wales and Queensland Country, and those sites which were host to the foundation of the game itself in Australia.
|Address:||Montague & Jane Streets, Davies Park, West End, 4101|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.478333|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||2008|