Cottesloe Golf Club CentenaryPrint Page
A sculptured wall mural commemorates the centenary of the Cottesloe Golf Club.
Cottesloe Golf Club was formed in 1908 and was initially a nine hole golf course, sited where the existing Sea View Golf Club exists today. Its original location in Cottesloe was a forty acre tract of scrubland adjacent to the sea in the seaside suburb of Cottesloe bounded on the eastern side by Broome Street and literally bisected east-west by Jarrad Street. The first Annual General Meeting of the Club was held in April 1909 and by the following September the course had taken shape sufficiently to stage an opening day, graced by the presence of the Governor Sir Gerald Strickland and Lady Edeline, who had the honour of driving the first ball off the tee.
|Address:||173 Alfred Road, Cottesloe Golf Club, Swanbourne, 6010|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.97|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Joan Walsh-Smith|