North Sydney Centenary of Rugby LeaguePrint Page
A plaque commemorates 100 years of Rugby League on the North Shore.
On February 4,1908, the North Sydney Rugby League Football Club was formed. When Mr. H. Glanville moved that the Club be formed and affiliated with the New South Wales Rugby League, (seconded by Mr. D. Murray), North Sydney became the first Sydney club to officially affiliate with that body. Although Newtown had been the first club to form, Norths were the official recipient of the number one receipt from the New Souths Wales Rugby League.
|Address:||Miller Street, North Sydney Oval, North Sydney, 2060|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.832427|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 10th February, 2008|