Centenary of Illawarra Rugby League-Illawarra Leagues ClubPrint Page
A plaque commemorates the contribution of the Illawarra Leagues Club to the game of Rugby League in the Illawarra.
From its opening in 1951, Illawarra Leagues Club was regarded as the hub of rugby league in the Illawarra, playing host to many representative and touring sides and the administration of rugby league until the opening of the Steelers Club in 1990.
|Address:||97-99 Church Street , Illawarra Leagues Club , Wollongong, 2500|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.427265|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1911|
|Approx. Event End Date:||2011|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||2011|
Presented in recognition of the contribution by
ILLAWARRA LEAGUES CLUB
to the game of Rugby League in Illawarra
CENTENARY YEAR - 2011
"Playing a part in developing Rugby League`s Nursery of Champions"