www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Drouin Croquet Club Centenary Print Page Print this page

02-May-2015
02-May-2015
Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown
A plaque presented by the Baw Baw Shire Council commemorates the centenary of the Drouin Croquet Club 1903-2003. 

The Drouin Croquet Club was founded in 1903 by Dr. Lionel Druitt, and has the distinction of being the oldest, continually running Croquet Club in Victoria. Originally the club was located on the corner of Lardner and Main South Roads before leasing railway land on this site in 1910.
Open House Drouin 2015.


Note: The Open House concept began in Australia in 2008 as part of a world-wide movement. People were amazed at what they saw and learned behind the building facades. Open House Drouin is an initiative of The Committee for Drouin which is a community group seeking to speak up for Drouin within the Baw Baw Shire.

Location

Address:3 Oak Street, Drouin Croquet Club, Drouin, 3818
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -38.137046
Long: 145.855638
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Sport
Approx. Event Start Date:October-1903
Approx. Event End Date:October-2003

Dedication

Front Inscription

BAW BAW SHIRE COUNCIL 

Presented to  DROUIN CROQUET CLUB INC.

In recognition of the CENTENARY of the CLUB

Cr. Geoff Davey  Mayor               October-2003

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design