www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of First Tennis CourtPrint Page Print this page

26-November-2014
26-November-2014
Photographs supplied by Graeme Saunders
A plaque commemorates the centenary of the opening of the first public tennis court in Lake Bolac in January 1896.

Location

Address:Lake Bolac Complex Road, Recreation Complex, Lake Bolac, 3351
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -37.718372
Long: 142.839818
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Sport
Actual Event STart Date:01-January-1896
Actual Event End Date:01-January-1996

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1996
Front Inscription

Lake Bolac Tennis Club 
celebrates the Centenary of the
Opening of the first Public
Tennis Court in Lake Bolac on
January 1, 1896.

Unveiled by James Wills,
President L.B.T.C. 1942 - 1957

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design