Foundation of Racing in TasmaniaPrint Page
A monument commemorates the foundation of horse racing in Tasmania in 1814.
View Google Map
|Address:||6 Goodwood Road, Elwick Racecourse, Glenorchy, 7010|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -42.827387|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1814|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 4th March, 1961|
Front InscriptionSource: MA
This memorial marks the Foundation of Racing in Tasmania 1814.
A gift of the family of the late Mr T.B. Clarke, Campbell Town.
Unveiled by H. W. Strutt MHA March 4th 1961
Erected by the Tasmanian Society
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au