Port Macquarie Baptist Church 50th AnniversaryPrint Page
Fruit trees and vegetables were planted and a plaque unveiled to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the church.
In 1962, the Port Macquarie Baptist Church was formed with 13 members. Originally they were a small group of Christians who met in a home, then as they grew; they began to meet in the CWA Hall receiving assistance from the Kempsey Baptist Church.
This small fellowship first owned land in Lord Street Port Macquarie but they sold it in 1958 to buy another block in Gordon Street where they built an A-framed church that officially opened in 1964.
|Address:||18 McIntyre Close , Port Macquarie Baptist Church, Port Macquarie, 2444|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.457502|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1962|
|Approx. Event End Date:||2012|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 9th June, 2012|
Connecting with the
Port Macquarie Baptist Church
9th June 2012 Baptist Community