St Brigid`s Church MemorialPrint Page
St Brigid`s Church Memorial commemorates the former St Brigid's Church, Prospect. The 1854 plaque and stone from St. Brigid’s have been made into a memorial in the grounds of St. Michael’s.
St Michael’s Church, Blacktown South, owes its genesis to the old St Brigid’s Church, Prospect, which was opened in 1856. St Brigid’s was situated on the Old Western Highway, Prospect, near the corner of Thornley Road where Mass was celebrated regularly for 119 years until 1975.
St Brigid’s Church, Prospect, was the first Catholic church built in the district which is now the City of Blacktown. St. Brigid’s Church closed in 1975, and was demolished in 1977.
The bricks were taken down by hand, individually cleaned by volunteer parishioners of Blacktown South and now form the sanctuary wall and exterior walls of St. Michael’s Catholic Church, Blacktown South. The 1856 Altar Stone is set into the St. Michael’s Altar.
|Address:||58 Orwell Street, St Michael`s Parish, Blacktown, 2148|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.790503|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.