Parish of Cooks RiverPrint Page
Tablet unveiled on the 96th anniversary of the church commemorates Captain James Cook's association with the naming of the river and subsequently the Parish of Cook's River.
The historic church of St. Peter, Cook's River, is holding its 96th anniversary of the laying of the foundation stone by Governor Gipps in 1838, with a three-day festival, starting on Saturday. Rear-Admiral Ford will unveil an "obelisk" to the memory of Captain Cook, and a flag will also be "broken."
Sun (Sydney), 5 July 1934.
|Address:||187 Princes Highway, St Peters Anglican Church, St Peters, 2044|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.913928|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 7th July, 1934|