www.monumentaustralia.org.au

St Andrews Presbyterian Church Woonona Memorial Park Print Page Print this page

St Andrews Presbyterian Church Woonona Memorial Park  : 7-March-2012
St Andrews Presbyterian Church Woonona Memorial Park : 7-March-2012

Photographs supplied by Graeme Stewart

The Memorial Park was established in memory of those who were buried in the Woonona Presbyterian Cemetery from 1873 to 1932. The monument is a brick structure, with a central wall and wing wall each side.  The wing walls contain plaques with names and dates of burial.

 The first burial was that of Jane Mary McAuley, 28th May, 1873 and the last was Ellan Howson on 7th October, 1932.

On 24th September, 1937, the New South Wales Government at the request of Bulli Shire Council gazetted the prohibiting of burials in the cemetery.  In the late 1970's the site, with assistance of members of the Lion's Club of Woonona, was cleared of all structures and the memorial erected.

 

 

Location

Address:7 Gray Street, Woonona Presbyterian Church , Woonona, 2517
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.346731
Long: 150.907369
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Park
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event STart Date:28-May-1873
Actual Event End Date:07-October-1932

Dedication

Front Inscription

St Andrews Presbyterian Church  
Woonona
Memorial Park

In Memory of Those Buried Here  
1873-1932

 

Left Side Inscription

[ Names and dates of burial ]

Right Side Inscription

[ Names and dates of burial ]

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design