Brighton Uniting Church 150th AnniversaryPrint Page
A window commissioned for the 150th anniversary celebration held in 1997.
Built as a Methodist Church, the foundation stone was laid on the 1st of May, 1864. The first members of the church met in private homes on Sturt Road. As a rural community the first service was held in the 1840's in a dugout with an upturned boat serving as a roof. The up-turned boat is reflected in the 'Memorial Window' which is on the southern wall of the entrance foyer.
|Address:||443 Brighton Road, Brighton Uniting Church, Brighton, 5048|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.016344|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1847|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1997|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1997|