First Ordained Presbyterian ServicePrint Page
Plaque commemorates the first church service held in Australia by an ordained Presbyterian Minister in January 1823. The plaque replaces the original plaque which was erected in 1948.
|Address:||21 Murray Street, Treasury Building, Hobart, 7000|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -42.884175|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||05-January-1823|
|Actual Event End Date:||05-January-1823|
Presbyterian Church of Tasmania
Erected to replace a missing plaque originally unveiled on 12th January 1948 by the then Lord Mayor of Hobart, Alderman W. W. Osborne, M.B.E. to commemorate the first service of worship conducted by an ordained Presbyterian Minister the Reverend Archibald McArthur held on this site on Sunday, 5th January, 1823.