Osborne Memorial Church of St Luke`s CentenaryPrint Page
Plaque erected in 1982 commemorates the centenary of the church.
In 1841 an Anglican Church was planned for two acres offered by George Brown for this purpose. By 1845 services could be performed and it was licensed by the Bishop of Australia. The first register of St. Luke's recording baptisms to 1865, marriages to 1856 and burials to 1874. In time the original church needed enlarging and the Osborne family decided to build a church in memory of their parents. The Osborne Memorial church was commenced in 1880 and opened in 1882.
|Address:||Prince Edward Drive, Osborne Memorial Church of St Luke , Dapto, 2530|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.483144|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1882|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1982|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 14th November, 1982|