Sisters of the Good SamaritanPrint Page
Plaque commemorates 100 years of service by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan in Charters Towers.
The Congregation of the Sisters of the Good Samaritan of the Order of Saint Benedict is the first Australian ‘home grown’ congregation of Catholic religious women. Archbishop John Bede Polding, an English Benedictine monk and Australia’s first bishop, founded the congregation in Sydney in 1857.
|Address:||Mosman Street, Charters Towers, 4820|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -20.075833|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1900|
|Approx. Event End Date:||200|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||2000|
SISTERS OF THE GOOD SAMARITAN
Celebrating 100 years of service in
1900 - 2000
The people salute the Sisters for their dedication
in the fields of Education, Music, Aboriginal
Apostolate, Rural Mission. Visitation
and works of Charity.