St Philip`s Church Centenary Print Page
Plaque commemorates the centenary of St Philip`s church.
The site for the church was donated by early settler Mary McMullin, with the initial slab and shingle-roofed church erected in 1873. The current structure, costing 880 pounds sterling and built of 75,000 hand-made bricks baked in a kiln at nearby Stoney Creek on Mrs McMullin's property, was opened on November 7, 1908, by the Reverend Philip Norman. St Philips was a Presbyterian church until 1977 when Presbyterians, Methodists and Congregationalists merged to form the Uniting Church of Australia.
|Address:||Rouchel Road , St Philips Uniting Church, Rouchel, 2336|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.135432|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 9th November, 2008|
ST PHILIPS CHURCH
WITH DEDICATION OF THE RAMP ENTRANCE
SUNDAY 9th NOVEMBER, 2008
ST PHILIPS WAS OFFICIALLY WAS OFFICIALLY OPENED
7th NOVEMBER, 1908
REVEREND PHILIP NORMAN
PLAQUE PRESENTED BY ROBERT & MARION MILES