Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred HeartPrint Page
A monument commemorates the Institute of the Sisters of St. Joseph of the Sacred Heart which was founded at Penola, South Australia in 1866, by an English missionary priest, Julian Tenison Woods and an Australian teacher, Mary MacKillop who yearned to devote her life to God in the service of the poor.
Both were acutely aware of children in remote areas growing up without Catholic education or religious training.
|Address:||Brolga Street , Quilpie, 4480|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -26.613611|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.