www.monumentaustralia.org.au

First Presbyterian Congregation of the Laidley DistrictPrint Page Print this page

First Presbyterian Congregation
First Presbyterian Congregation

Photographs supplied by Diane Watson
A cairn commemorates the first Presbyterian congregation in the Laidley District which was conducted in 1864.

Location

Address:Drayton Street, Laidley Pioneer Village & Museum, Laidley, 4341
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.649444
Long: 152.391111
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 3rd May, 1964
Front Inscription

          THIS CAIRN
Commemorates The Act Of The
REVD.W.L.NELSON. LLD
          By leading
THE FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CONGREGATION
                of
THE LAIDLEY DISTRICT
          At Worship
Conducted In The Residence Of
MR & MRS GEORGE HUNT
             In 1864

        Dedicated by
RIGHT REVD. D.H.HENRY
Moderator of the Presbyterian Church in Queensland
        3rd May 1964
Rev.S.E. Mackay Minister.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design