St. Mary`s CentenaryPrint Page
A stained glass window commemorates the centenary of the Roman Catholic Church in Kalgoorlie.
In March 1996, the centenary of the Roman Catholic Church in Kalgoorlie was marked by the unveiling of a special stained glass window in St Mary's Roman Catholic Church by the Archbishop of Perth, the Rt. Rev. Barry James Hickey. Local artist Deborah Francis was commissioned by the Church to create the window, which reflects where the Church has come from with sections featuring old buildings and old mining activities and flora and fauna from the Goldfields region.
Kalgoorlie's original Catholic Church was opened on 17 March 1896, having been built at a cost of £1,081. The original church remained in use, being used as the church hall until the early to mid-1970s, when it was demolished to make way for the construction of a new Parish Centre.
|Address:||Porter & Brookman Streets, St. Mary`s Church, Kalgoorlie, 6430|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -30.743611|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Deborah Francis|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||March-1996|