First Church ServicePrint Page
A plaque on the Old Chapel commemorates the pioneers of McLaren Vale who held the first open air church service in 1840.
|Address:||Aldersey Street & Main Road, Former Congregational Church , McLaren Vale, 5171|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.218673|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1840|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1840|
To honour the memory of the pioneers of McLaren Vale who with dauntless faith held the first church service in the open air in 1840, built the first chapel in 1844, and built this, the first church, in 1861.
This plaque was erected in 1936 by present and former worshippers of the McLaren Vale Congregational Church.
"The things which are not seen are eternal"