Salvation Army MonumentPrint Page
Town Council erected the monument in the early 1980`s in gratitude for the Salvation Army`s care of many needy residents especially during the gold rush.
The first service was held on this site on 17 May 1884
|Address:||Patrick & Sloane Streets, Stawell and District Library, Stawell, 3380|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.06|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 14th April, 1984|
This stone commemorates the centenary of the Salvation Army`s commencement in Stawell in the Market Hall near this site on May 17th 1884.
Unveiled by Commissioner Eva Burrows, Territorial Commander of the Australian Southern Territory April 14th 1984. Jarl Wahlstr"m, General. Frank Spriggs, Mayor.