Deceased PriestsPrint Page
Two stained glass windows commemorate the deceased priests of the Catholic Church in Launceston from 1821 to 1940.
The long list of priests includes the Reverend Father Phillip Conolly, first priest of Van Diemen's Land, who made occasional visits to Launceston. He was followed by the Reverend Father J. A. Cotham, first resident Launceston priest. He was responsible for building the first Catholic Church, St. Joseph's, built in front of the present Church of Apostles. Another was the Very Reverend T. Butler, who established St. Joseph's Catholic Total Abstinence Society in 1847, when so many' 'took the pledge".
The two windows depict 'Saint Simon and Saint Thomas'.
|Address:||44 Margaret Street, Church of the Apostles Catholic Church, Launceston, 7250|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -41.442773|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
In memory of deceased priests
In memory of deceased members of S. H. Sodality