www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Pioneers Of The Church & DistrictPrint Page Print this page

02-May-2015
02-May-2015

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown
A stained glass window commemorates the pioneers of the church and district.

DROUIN. For some time past the Shire office has been on Sundays placed at the disposal of the different religious denominations for holding their services, and latterly the congregations have outgrown the accommodation. This has had the effect of stirring them to provide buildings for their own use. Committees have been formed, several in connection with the Church of England, Presbyterians, and Wesleyans. The former have had a site presented in close proximity to the State school, on which a church is to be erected almost immediately. The Wesleyans have secured a site in the same neighbourhood, and the Presbyterian committee are actively engaged in raising funds for a building south of the railway. 
Gippsland Times (Vic), 28 March 1879.

Location

Address:Church Street & Winters Avenue, Scots Presbyterian Church, Drouin, 3818
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -38.136536
Long: 145.854293
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Window
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:December-1980
Front Inscription

TO THE GLORY OF GOD

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF THE PIONEERS OF THIS CHURCH & DISTRICT

"GREAT IS THE LORD & GREATLY TO BE PRAISED"
                    Psalm 48 : 1
                    DEC.1980

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design