www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Saint Mary of the Cross VisitsPrint Page Print this page

05-May-2015
05-May-2015

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown
A plaque commemorates the visits of Saint Mary of The Cross MacKillop to Lavender House in in 1899 and 1901 and the work undertaken by the Sisters of St Joseph in the district. 

Lavender House was once the convent for the Sisters of St Joseph who were visited by Sister Mary MacKillop in 1899 and 1901. 

Location

Address:Monaro Highway, Lavender House / Platypus Country Visitor Information Centre, Bombala, 2632
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -36.906239
Long: 149.241038
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 17th October, 2010
Front Inscription
This plaque commemorates
Saint Mary of the Cross
MacKillop`s visits to this
cottage in 1889 and 1901
and the wonderful work 
undertaken by the Sisters of
St Joseph in the district.

Unveiled 17th October
2010 as part of the 
Canonisation Celebrations
in her honour. 

Mayor R.J. Stewart
Bombala Council            Sr Helen Madden rsj



 
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design