www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of St Paul`s Anglican ChurchPrint Page Print this page

03-May-2015
03-May-2015

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown
A pair of stained glass windows containing the arms of Melbourne and Gippsland commemorate the centenary of St Paul`s Anglican Church in 1981. 

The ceremony of consecrating St. Paul's Church of England at Warragul, took place on Sunday last, under the most favorable circumstances, the (sic) opening services being conducted by his Lordship the Bishop of Melbourne, assisted by the Revs. Percy J. Smith and S. Sandiford and Messrs. Cockerill and Willcox. 
Warragul Guardian and Buln Buln and Narracan Shire Advocate (Warragul, Vic.) 30 June 1881.

Location

Address:96-102 Victoria Street, St Paul`s Anglican Church, Warragul, 3820
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -38.157431
Long: 145.930899
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Window
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Front Inscription
(Window 1)
     1881

(Window 2)
    1902

(Plaque) 

THESE WINDOWS OF THE ARMS OF MELBOURNE AND GIPPSLAND COMMEMORATE THE CENTENARY OF  ST PAUL`S WARRAGUL
1881 TO 1981 
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design