Salvation Army Citadel Dedication PlaquePrint Page
In 1937 the Citadel had to be renovated to accommodate the increasing size of the congregation. From March 1946 to July 1952, a building scheme was continually discussed (the delay being caused by building restrictions due to World War II), until, finally, approval was given for the Ladies' Retiring Room to be built, which was completed in December 1953.
A new building scheme was launched on 27 April 1957, with the total estimate of costs being £23,000. When completed, the new Youth Centre and new 'modern' Citadel were officially opened by the Territorial Commander, Commissioner Frederick Coutts, on 2 December 1961. The complex was built for an approximate cost of £30,000.
|Address:||Bond & Dora Streets, Salvation Army Citadel , Hurstville , 2220|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.963745|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 2nd December, 1961|
THIS EXTENDED CITADEL
WAS DEDICATED BY
ON 2nd DECEMBER 1961.