Centenary of the CongregationPrint Page
The congergation worshipped in Creek Street before it was persuaded to sell its land in 1885 to the Queensland National Bank for the sum of ₤18,750. As a result the congregation acquired the Spring Hill property, which had been the site of the first Children’s Hospital, for the relocation of the Church.
|Address:||43 St. Paul`s Terrace, St. Paul`s Presbyterian Church, Spring Hill, 4000|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.460498|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||20-August-1863|
|Actual Event End Date:||20-August-1963|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 25th August, 1963|
To The Glory Of God
And In Commemoration
Of The Fact That
Reverend Matthew McGavin, A.M.,
An Accredited Minister Of
The United Presbyterian Church
Organised This Congregation
On 20th. August, 1863.
The Queensland Women`s Historical
Affixed This Plaque Here,
100 Years Afterwards,
On Sunday, 25th. August, 1963.