Bowral Presbyterian Church JubileePrint Page
Although it is over a hundred years ago since Rev. W. Hamilton, the first Presbyterian Minister at Goulburn, held divine service in this district, Bowral Presbyterian Church is only this year celebrating its Jubilee, The fact tells of the modernity of Bowral, which was not planned when Berrima, where the service was held, was one of the leading towns of the South. Preparations for the appropriate celebration of the Jubilee have been made by the Presbyterian communion, principal amongst which will be the laying, On Saturday afternoon next, of two foundation stones of the new St. Andrew's Church' on a site recently acquired in Bendooley Street opposite the Town Hall. These stones will be laid by the Moderator Presbytery, Goulburn (Rev. C. E. Turnbull), and Mr. T. S. Dunwoodie, as representative.of the Pioneers. The ceremony is set for 3pm.
The Southern Mail (Bowral, NSW), 26th August 1938.
|Address:||Bendooley & Wingecarribee Streets, St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Bowral, 2576|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.478953|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1888|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1938|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 27th August, 1938|
THIS STONE WAS LAID BY
THE REV.C.E. TURNBULL
MODERATOR OF THE PRESBYTERY OF GOULBURN
TO COMMEMORATE THE JUBILEE OF
THE FIRST PRESBYTERIAN SERVICE IN BOWRAL
THIS STONE WAS LAID
ON BEHALF OF THE PIONEERS OF THIS CHURCH
MR. T.B. DUNWOODIE
ONE OF THE FOUNDERS
OF THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH IN BOWRAL
1888 - 1938