St Peter`s ChurchPrint Page
A plaque commemorates the laying of the foundation stone of St Peter`s Church in April 1859.
Robe Town. An interesting ceremony of laying the foundation stone of the Protestant Church, intended to be dedicated to St. Peter, was performed in the afternoon of the 30th ult, by the Government Resident, Captain Brewer, in the presence of Mr. George Ormerod, the Government officials, and the principal inhabitants with their families, of the town and neighbourhood. The weather was as propitious as could be desired. After the customary formula of depositing records, coins, and the due adjustment of the stone, &c, had been gone through, and reading the prayer appointed for such occasions, our worthy Magistrate delivered an appropriate address.
South Australian Register (Adelaide), 9 May 1859.
|Address:||Sturt and Morphett Streets, St Peter`s Church, Robe, 5276|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.164772|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||30-April-1859|
|Actual Event End Date:||30-April-1859|
This plaque commemorates the laying of the foundation stone of this Church of St Peter`s by Captain Charles Philip Brewer Government Resident, Robetown 30th April 1859