Sacred Heart Church Memorial StonePrint Page
For some time past the work of erecting a presbytery adjoining the Sacred Heart Church in Bell Street, Preston, has been in hand, and is now approaching completion. The neat brick villa of nine rooms is a handsome addition to the street architecture. A fine new brick school is also being erected at the corner of Clifton Grove and Bell Street. It consists of three large class rooms, a large assembly hall, music room, and offices.
Both buildings are expected to be completed for the opening day, and are an ornament and acquisition to the district. The Rev. J.H O'Grady and committee have issued invitations to the ceremony of solemn blessing and opening the new school and presbytery by His Grace the Archbishop of Melbourne. The interesting ceremony will take place on Rosary Sunday, October 4th, at 3.30 p.m.
Northcote Leader (Vic), 26 September 1914.
|Address:||322 Bell Street, Sacred Heart Presbytery, Preston, 3072|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.745134|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
THIS MEMORIAL STONE
WAS BLESSED & LAID BY
THE MOST REVEREND T.J.CARR
ARCHBISHOP OF MELBOURNE