Sesquicentenary of St Luke the Evangelist ChurchPrint Page
An organ commemorates the sesquicentenary of St Luke the Evangelist Church.
St Luke's was built between 1834-35 to the design of architect John Lee Archer in a delightful Georgian Gothic style, and incorporates a crenellated west end tower and clock.
The organ was installed in St John's Anglican Church, Devonport in 1909, the gift of a parishioner, later indicated as Mr A. Munnew, where it was first used on Easter Day. It was rebuilt in 1966 by K.R. Davis & Son, at which time a new case, radiating-concave pedal board and swell box were provided. The organ was installed at Richmond in 1984 by Australian Pipe Organs Pty Ltd when the Devonport church acquired a larger organ built by Fred Taylor for a church in Melbourne.
|Address:||Torrens & Church Streets, St Luke`s Anglican Church, Richmond, 7025|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -42.738364|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 21st October, 1984|
Originally from St. Johns Church Devonport.
This organ was dedicated on Sunday 21st October 1984.
To mark the Sesquicentenary of
The Church of St Luke the Evangelist.