www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Deans Marsh Methodist Memorial Church WallPrint Page Print this page

Methodist Memorial Wall : March 2014
Methodist Memorial Wall : March 2014

Photographs supplied by Nancy Alford
Wall erected in 1958 in memory of the foundation trustees of the church when it was opened in May 1933 and a plaque in memory of Maria Hicks whose relatives built the church in her memory.

The Methodist Memorial Church at Dean's Marsh was yesterday opened and dedicated by the Reverend T.C. Rentoul , Superintendent of the methodist Home Missions of Victoria. The church was erected by relatives to perpetuate the memory of mrs C. E. Hicks who served for 27 years as a missionary in Chao Tong, China. At the opening services were the Rev. T.C. Rentoul in the morning and afternoon and Rev. L. Perkins of Colac in the evening.
The Argus (Melbourne), 9th May 1923.


Note : This church has been listed for sale.

Location

Address:Pennyroyal Valley Road , Deans Marsh Memorial Church, Deans Marsh , 3235
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -38.398926
Long: 143.8853
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:May-1958
Front Inscription

(Plaque 1)
(Names)


(Plaque 2 )
Erected
In the Memory
Of
MARIA HICKS (NEE BUSH)
27 YEARS MISSIONARY
AT CHAO - TONG
DIED 25TH OCT. 1924.

(Plaque 3)

ERECTED MAY 1958
IN MEMORY OF
THE FOUNDATION TRUSTEES
OF THIS CHURCH
WHEN IT WAS
OPENED IN MAY 1933

(small plaque)
THE METHODIST
MEMORIAL/ UNITING CHURCH
WAS BUILT ON THE
LAND ADJOINING
1933-2003

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design