Centenary of All Saints Church Print Page
Foundation stone of the chapel marks the centenary of the All Saints Church 1862 -1962.
A large bluestone church, the nave of which was erected in 1862 to the design of local architect Joseph L Shaw. The church was greatly extended first in 1918 by the addition of a sweeping semi-circular apse of a somewhat French character designed by Alexander North and in 1928 by a south transept and spire designed by Louis R Williams. The building contains notable stained glass by Ferguson & Urie and a distinctive internal roof structure.
|Address:||113 Noble Street, All Saints Church, Newtown, 3220|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.153199|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1862|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1962|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 24th February, 1963|
TO THE GLORY OF GOD
THE FOUNDATION STONE OF THIS CHAPEL
MARKING THE CENTENARY OF THIS CHURCH
1862 ~ 1962
WAS LAID BY
THE RIGHT REVEREND G.T.SAMBELL B.A., TH. SOC.
BISHOP- COADJUTOR OF MELBOURNE.
24 - 2 - 1963
H.R.LEACH. HON BUILDER