Faithful Families of the Methodist ChurchPrint Page
A plaque commemorates the faithful families of the Methodist Church who worshipped at this Church between 1847 and 1968.
The Reformed Church of Geelong was built in 1876 as the Newtown Methodist Church to a design by the prominent Geelong architectural firm of Davidson and Henderson. The elaborately detailed church is constructed of Waurn Ponds limestone with Barrabool sandstone as rock faced ashlar and built on the bluestone foundations of the previous church.
In 1891 the church underwent internal alterations and a pipe organ was installed. Stained glass windows and doors were added in 1947. In 1954 the interior was again altered with an enlargement of the choir stall and a new sanctuary. The building has been used by the Geelong Reformed Church since 1965.
|Address:||Pakington Street, Reformed Church of Geelong, Geelong West, 3218|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.145888|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1847|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1968|
Great is Thy faithfulness
We rejoice because of what God has done
Dedicated to the faithful families of the Methodist Church who worshipped on this site
1847 - 1968