Wesleyan Mission FarmPrint Page
A monument commemorates the site of the Wesleyan Mission Farm.
Established in 1844 by the Reverend John Smithies, the mission’s purpose was to encourage Aboriginal people to learn agricultural skills. It was unsuccessful at this location and moved to York in 1850.
|Address:||Lakeway Drive, Reverend John Smithies Park, Kingsley, 6026|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.808611|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1844|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1852|
Wesleyan Mission Farm
The plaque commemorates the location of the Wesleyan Mission Farm (covering approximately 23 hectares) which was establised in 1844 under the guidance of Reverend John Smithies. The aim of the mission purpose was to encourage Aboriginal people to learn agricultural skills.
City of Wanneroo