Koo Wee Rup Primary School CentenaryPrint Page
Time capsule and plaque commemorate the centenary of the Koo Wee Rup Primary School.
The school was originally opened in 1884 at the corner of Rossiter and Bethune Roads, Yallock, with Eva Hurst as first head teacher. It was moved to Koo Wee Rup in 1910 and when the High School took over the Primary School, a new school was opened in 1959 on the present site. The time capsule is to be opened in 2034.
|Address:||Moody Street, Koo Wee Rup, 3981|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.194856|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1884|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1984|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 3rd November, 1984|
This plaque was unveiled on 3rd November 1984 to commemorate the centenary of Primary School no. 2629 Koo Wee Rup