Centenary of Rotary InternationalPrint Page
A rotunda was constructed as a gift to the people of Gunnedah to celebrate the centenary of Rotary International on the 23rd February 2005.
Rotary International is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian services, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. It is a secular organization open to all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, or political preference.
The first Rotary Club was formed when attorney Paul P. Harris called together a meeting of three business acquaintances in downtown Chicago, at Harris' friend Gustave E. Loehr's office in the Unity Building on Dearborn Street on February 23, 1905.
|Address:||Lloyd Road, Pensioners Hill Reserve, Gunnedah, 2380|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -30.974722|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 26th November, 2006|
THIS ROTUNDA WAS CONSTRUCTED AS A GIFT TO THE COMMUNITY OF GUNNEDAH BY THE MEMBERS OF THE ROTARY CLUB OF
GUNNEDAH- WEST TO CELEBRATE THE CENTENARY OF ROTARY INTERNATIONAL
(23RD FEBRUARY 2005)
THE ROTUNDA WAS ACCEPTED ON BEHALF OF THE COMMUNITY BY MAYOR GAE SWAIN ON 26TH NOVEMBER 2006