Cumberland Hospital GardenPrint Page
A garden erected in 1870 honours the administrators of the former hospital. The administrators honoured are J.R.Firth (Assistant Superintendent) W.Brown ( Medical Visitor) F.Wardley (Superintendent) and E.S.P Bedford (President of the Board of Visitors).
The history of the Centre dates back to 1846, at which time a tract of land for an asylum was granted. Before 1960 the centre was known as Parramatta Mental Hospital and operated in a traditional role. However, following the complete reorganization of the Centre after 1960, it was modernized and now has responsibility for the assessment and care of patients admitted from the western part of Sydney. The centre became the Cumberland Hospital in 1983.
|Address:||Fleet Street, Cumberland Hospital, North Parramatta, 2151|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.802778|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1870|